Ethical Marketing VS Unethical Marketing
The problem that bothers most newbies when trying to make money online is impatience. Yeah! impatience! many of them are in a hurry and are not ready to wait. The end result is that instead of marketing ethically these newbies begin to market unethically which is the wrong way to go.
I know how you feel and I have once been there, I don’t want you to worry or think you can’t make it, this post is here to help you.
If we are talking about someone who wants things fast, I doubt if you could have this characteristic than I do. I am about three times faster than those around me, I type faster than anybody I have ever seen (maybe because they are not that computer savvy in my country – Nigeria) – so you can see how fast I am.
When I started, I wanted to start making money online from day one, I spent 20 hours (at a stretch) on my computer designing my first website, I spammed tons of forums and got over 150 unique visitors to my website my first day yet I couldn’t make any sale (now, I am making a sale with as less as 1 from every 30 people – you see it pays to be ethical :)).
After getting 150 to my first website in its first day and over 600 in its first month (I sell info product there – a fool of mine, not making money online then, wanting to teach another person how to do so ;)), I could not make a cent from it. Oh my God! I couldn’t make a cent from over 600 people ๐ Yeah! Because I was unethical (a foolish forum spammer then :)).
Later on, reality stuck me, after trying to make money online for months to no avail (I thank God I am a crazy guy, I never give up on what I believe – such as my internet dream).
After all these, I discovered there is nothing called “fast” in internet marketing, making money online is as a result of hardwork, I mean serious hardwork.
I never realized there are some things, as important as gold, things everybody trying to make money online should consider – things such as building trust.
Characteristics of Unethical Marketers
1. The are stupid! Yeah! Very stupid! They are stupid because they might even begin to abuse and rain curses on you for not patronizing them.
2. They hard sell. I have seen somebody trying to teach newbies how to make money online telling them to build a list and schedule 14 autoresponder messages to go out everyday promoting the same offer – How can you promote an offer for 14 days, sending out a promotion email every day – you are triggering the curse of email marketing.
3. They want everything now! Wanting everything now will lead you to doing unethical things.
4. They don’t care, all that matters is the money.
Characteristics of Ethical Marketers
1. They know there is a process and they are ready to follow the process.
2. They know the importance of trust and are ready to build it.
3. They do care about the consumers and they love to give value than make money.
4. They over deliver.
You will notice from the above that most of the characteristics of an ethical marketer revolves around building trust and one solid truth is, the more trust you can build, the more money you can make.
Why You Should NOT be an Unethical Marketer!
The simple answer is, it does not pay. I have been an unethical marketer before and I am now an ethical marketer and I can see it pays (far more than being unethical).
Unethical marketers focus more about the present but ethical marketers focus greatly on the future because the future is what matters most.
Unethical marketing doesn’t pay because you will end up making lots of people unhappy but being an ethical marketer really pays off because you will change lives and viral marketing will come into effect.
You don’t need to force cash out of people or deceive them into giving you and then leave them unhappy – this is what unethical marketing is all about.
What The Heck! Why Should You be an Ethical Marketer!
The answer is so simple, it pays!
Ethical marketers live by principles, they are not just there for the cash. They are human and have the human feelings and their utmost concern is giving value.
Ethical marketers know it isn’t easy to get money and they are not ready to rip people off their hard-earned cash.
Benefits of Ethical Marketing
1. It pays.
2. You build trust.
3. You make more money.
4. You build more relationship with people whose lives you are making better.
5. It causes about an effect of viral marketing.
6. You are happy – because you made others happy.
Over To You!
Which have you been all these while? Ethical or Unethical Marketer? What do you think, which does it pays to be?
Do you think that today unethical marketing is dominating ethical marketing
ReplyDeleteUnethical marketing practices destroy any trust brands build with their audience. On the other hand, ethical marketing can lead to the favorable results you want to see from your efforts, including boosts in: Brand credibility.
DeletePerfect information
ReplyDeleteDo ethics involve in marketing!! ?
Ethics are a collection of principles of right conduct that shape the decisions people or organizations make. Practicing ethics in marketing means deliberately applying standards of fairness, or moral rights and wrongs, to marketing decision making, behavior, and practice in the organization
DeleteGood collection
ReplyDeleteThat was good and you have elaborated the issue in a good way. .. .but only que I would ask Is can you give some real world issues?
ReplyDeleteClothing manufacturing is among the most controversial industries in the world.
DeleteIts very important information.. about the business ethics
ReplyDeleteGood information broh about business
DeleteSuch an eye opening vignette.
ReplyDeleteKeep it up.
Gud
DeleteHow ethical issues are managed by marketing ?
ReplyDeleteIs digital marketing ethical?
ReplyDeleteIt's more important and useful
ReplyDeletePerfect information
ReplyDeletePerfect collection
ReplyDeleteGood information....๐
ReplyDeleteGood information
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIn marketing so many benefits are there how can we use those benefits in ethical??
ReplyDeleteGd info
ReplyDeleteAm really proud of u abhi.... good job...all the best..
ReplyDeleteWell done abhi
ReplyDeleteIt's really osm abhi.....good information...
ReplyDeleteWell done ,and good job abhi.... nice content...
ReplyDeleteGood content
ReplyDeleteVery good information
ReplyDelete